• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an Illegal Moving Co. Sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sso

What is the name of your state? Colorado

When this scam moving company operated by Israeli nationals threatened to sue me, I did some research into the company to discover that they have no Depart. of Transportation authorization and they have no Motor Carrier registration or license to move household goods across states. One thing that amazes me is that BBB accepted the company as their member even though they're illegal.

My question is: can such illegal company sue for collection of money they claim I owe them? If they can bring litigation against me, can they bring me to their court in AZ (I'm in CO)? Our only contract is the standard Uniform Household Goods Bill of Lading and Freight Bill.

One amazing thing about the litigation threat is my suspicion that not only they have no license to operate, but I believe the owner is an illegal alien with connections to the notorious scam moving companies based in Florida and New York and operated by Israeli nationals. The problem involving these companies has become so bad that the NBC Dateline has picked this up to air the story in the near future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">