• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an internet business refuse to do business with me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dismayed

I live in CA and I am doing business with a company selling junk on the internet. They are in NY. I have placed several orders with them and have had some trouble with the orders, most of which have been resolved.

Can a company tell me that they no longer want me as a customer because of disputes that we have had? Sure, I suppose that they can tell me anything that they want, but can they refuse to do business with me just because I am a complaining type of customer?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Simple. Of course they can say "No more" to you. Unless there is some sort of contractual obligation, a private business is not required by any law to do business with you, or to continue doing business. Like any marriage, they have chosen to divorce themselves from you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">