• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Land Owner have Leasing Agent AND Real Estate Agent????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluezephyr

Hello - I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give me regarding our situation - it is a bit involved, but not really.......We have a basic *Leasing Agent* Contract to lease land (by the acre) for the owner of a 43 acre tract of land (until year 2006). We are paid in land and currently occupy an acre for payment of land that we have already leased to others. We also have a *regular* lease for same amount of time.

We recently asked the owner if he would consider selling the property to us - he referred us to his "real estate sales agent".

My question(s) is this: First, how can he have a contract with us to lease said 43 acres of land - if he is also using a real estate sales agent to SELL this SAME land? Our contract was dated 1999 and I think he just recently hired the real estate agent. We found out from the real estate lady that she plans to sell ALL OF THIS LAND.

Second, we found out that he is selling land to one of the persons that we have already leased to BEHIND OUR BACK WITHOUT NOTIFYING US) - which would end our payment(ie. 1/2 acre that we currently occupy) for that land that we leased. (We are paid 1/2 acre for every acre that we lease - up to 3.5 acres - for a period of 7 years - we can request more acreage - or more time, for every acre leased.)

We also recently received an official denial stating that he denied our offer to purchase 4 acres (including the land that we currently occupy)- and the denial paperwork states this: "The property remains on the market and offers submitted by others may be considered and accepted." --- which brings me to my third question - Can he sell the land that we lease?

What he is doing is this: He is selling all the land that we leased to the lessees stripping us of that acreage/payment that we occupy... (violating our contract as leasing agents?), because he has hired a real estate agent to sell it - and he won't talk to us about it - BUT WE HAVE A SIGNED CONTRACT. I have showed it to an attorney and he told me that it IS a legal binding document - as well as we also have a lease - both do not expire until the year 2006.

In addition, the reason he stated that he denied our offer is not a valid reason -- It states: The offer cannot be accepted until pending litigation is resolved. There IS NO LEGAL PENDING Action - there is however, another person who is *thinking* about suing him and he knows this .... however, he has told to us that he didn't want to discuss that situation with US - but only with that person.

We are really confused - and need to know what laws he is breaking and how can we resolve this problem - the main thing here is that we have many thousands of dollars tied up on his property - and we can't just pick up and move as it is not a mobile home.

We don't know how to proceed.

Thank you for any advice -
BlueZephyr

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">