• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can SPRINT do this??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gugan

What is the name of your state?

I recently went to the bahamas, while I was there I called Sprint and told them that I was out of the country in the Bahamas, and I wanted to know how much each call was with Roaming. She told me .50 a minute.
So I made some phone calls. 2 weeks later my phone gets shut off bacause it reached a balance of $700 !!!! I called them and asked them how this could be when the lady told me .50 a minute, they said it IS .50 a minute PLUS $3.50 for airtime. Also About 200 of the calls did not even go through because the signal was lost while the calls were connecting, but they charged me with them anyways, if you look on the phone bill it clearly shows that I tried to make several calls to the same number at the same exact time! Can they do this when I asked specifically the price of each call, and they failed to provide me with cruical information??? I have been with them for 2 years now. I am so pissed because this phone bill cost more than the trip itself!

Gugan said:
What is the name of your state?

I recently went to the bahamas, while I was there I called Sprint and told them that I was out of the country in the Bahamas, and I wanted to know how much each call was with Roaming. She told me .50 a minute.
So I made some phone calls. 2 weeks later my phone gets shut off bacause it reached a balance of $700 !!!! I called them and asked them how this could be when the lady told me .50 a minute, they said it IS .50 a minute PLUS $3.50 for airtime. Also About 200 of the calls did not even go through because the signal was lost while the calls were connecting, but they charged me with them anyways, if you look on the phone bill it clearly shows that I tried to make several calls to the same number at the same exact time! Can they do this when I asked specifically the price of each call, and they failed to provide me with cruical information??? I have been with them for 2 years now. I am so pissed because this phone bill cost more than the trip itself!
200 phone calls? That doesnt qualify as SOME phone calls. You should have asked for surcharges as well. If you only asked per minute charges TECHNICALLY they are right.

Gugan

Nooo I did not make 200 calls, I would call a number, it would say "connecting...." and instead of actually connecting and showing the timer it would just shut off. So I would try the number again, and again and again, that totaled to 200 minutes. And I asked how much would each call be, even if I did only ask how much for each minute they should have told me the total cost for each minute, espcially if they want to maintain high costumer service.

JETX

Gugan said:
Can they do this when I asked specifically the price of each call
You asked them what the roaming (surcharge) was and they answered correctly. The other charges you incurred were billed by the local service and passed on to your bill. You really can't expect Sprint to know how much each and every worldwide phone company is going to charge..... nor did you ask, or they provide, that amount.

and they failed to provide me with cruical information???
From your post, it appears that you were the one who failed to ask the correct question...

JETX

Gugan said:
And what about the 200 minutes that never went through that I'm being charged for????
Rather than try to 'guess', what was Sprints EXACT response when you asked them in WRITING about the incomplete calls??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">