• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cantona

What is the name of your state? New York

a contract was entered into where a liquidators received a large quantity of product to sell at discount price. we are concerned as checks have been coming through late and it is hard to contact the company.

we are asking to see an audit so we can see how much the product was sold for and when. we pay a warehouse fee based on how long product is sitting in their WH and we have asked to see evidence of when product was shipped to customers, so we can see if they are charging a correct WH rate.

the contract stated that they could sell the product for whatever they could get for it, but they are now stating they don't have to supply us with an audit (i was promised this 4 weeks ago when we talked via telephone). unfortunately in the contract it doesn't state they have to supply us with this info, we are now most concerned, they have stated they sold this overstock at say $.50, how do we know they didn't sell at a higher price. obviously the contract should have been looked at more thoroughly!

i guess the question is, can they do this, is it standard practice for them to release this information, or can they simply send us checks with no audit?

thank you for any help.

CC

~ i should add the contract does state they have to give us an inventory update every 60 days, which has now long passed and we should receive payment 30 days after date of shipment.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">