• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they do this?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phyllis123

I'm in Maryland. I posted here about 3-4 weeks ago about buying a puppy that died but was under warranty. Well the warranty stated that I could either get my money back or another dog. I did some research about this pet store chain and have found out that they have a history of selling sick puppies so of course I don't want another puppy from these people. I really want my money back but the store is saying I can only get my money back if they know the exact cause of death. I paid $200 to have the dog autopsied and the cause and fault of death could not be determined. I did everything I was required to do and I feel I should not be penalized because the cause of death could not be determined. I want my money back, not another dog from them! So either I get another dog or walk away with nothing! We're talking about $735 here! Can they do this? :mad:

JETX

Of course they can. You accepted their written agreement specifying what conditions were required to get a refund when you purchased the animal. Now, due to circumstances, you are unable to meet those requirements. They have no obligation to amend the agreement after the fact.

So, accept another dog from them or get your next dog from somewhere else.

I strongly suggest going to an animal shelter. That way you get, and save, an animal. They are in the animal SAVING business and you are more assured of getting a pet for far less money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">