• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they still charge me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Contract in Ca.

What is the name of your state? California

I entered into a contract with a water softner company. The next day I canceled it because of the price and received a confirmation # that it was canceled. They later called and said that it would be X,XXX.XX dollars.( a lot less than original contract). I agreed to their price by phone and they rushed out to install it. Now that it is installed they want me to sign a NEW contract at a higher amount than I agreed to on the phone and also sign a different loan application for the financing of this amount.

My questions would be:

#1 Since I have not signed a contract with them, do I need to pay anything at all to them?

# 2 If I do need to pay them, how much? The price I agreed to on the phone, or the price that they now claim I agreed to over the phone?

# 3 What can they do to me if I don't agree to their new terms and amount?

L

loku

#1 Since I have not signed a contract with them, do I need to pay anything at all to them?
Yes, either you will owe them what can be proved to be the contract price, or if none can be proved, you would owe them a reasonable price for the equipment.

# 2 If I do need to pay them, how much? The price I agreed to on the phone, or the price that they now claim I agreed to over the phone?
The price you agreed to on the phone would be the amount you legally owe, but you may not be able to prove what that was.

# 3 What can they do to me if I don't agree to their new terms and amount?
They can sue you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">