• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we get out of contract for new car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ellada2001

What is the name of your state? Mass.
my husband bought a new car 48 hrs ago. i want to cancel the contract , but the dealership says we can't because the car has already been registered and insured. isn't there a 72 hr cooling off period for purchases like this? can we get out of the contract? please respond asap. time is of the essence!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ellada2001 said:
What is the name of your state? Mass.
my husband bought a new car 48 hrs ago. i want to cancel the contract , but the dealership says we can't because the car has already been registered and insured. isn't there a 72 hr cooling off period for purchases like this? can we get out of the contract? please respond asap. time is of the essence!!

My response:

Simple answer - - no.

Your husband, an adult, signed a contract. Game over.

IAAL

T

Tony Bells

some states have a 72 hour right of recission on contracts this period excludes saturday and sunday.

A

aahlee

there is NO state law for a 72 hour recesion...

It must be IN the Contract, if its not....then he bought the car...PERIOD!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">