• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancel the contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kollip

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I have signed a contract with a contractor to finish my kitchen in basement within 4-5 days and he did some work and he did not retun back since one month. He is not taking my calls also. I signed contract with him for 2700 dollars and I gave authorization to charge only 50% before the contract is started and another 50% after the contract is finished. Without my knowledge he charged all the money onto my American express credit card and also he is not completing the work at all. The building inspector came and gave Stop work order as he do not have permit to do the work in my house. since then he is not applying for the permit and he is also not coming to complete the work. Can you please suggest me what I should do in this case to resolve the issue. Also if I want to cancel the contract what is best way to do that.
Thanks,
Prashant

kollip

Can I attach the contract which is in the electronic form or can i send it to your email address so that you can read the contract.

Thanks,
Prashant

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">