• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancel the Spa package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GinaCh

New York.
I signed the contract in Spa for the package of treatment for the amount of $4000. Is there are any chances that I can cancel the contract now?
To be honest, it doesn't look like official contract. It had a Company's logo with name on the top, and blank space on the whole page, and at the bottom of paper it says that the payment is nonrefundable, and they can guarantee the effect for 3 years only. I feel like the woman, who sold the package to me, closed with her hand the bottom part of the paper. She explained me so passionately what a wonderful treatment I'm signing for and that if I won't sign right now, then I won't be able to get this package for such a low promotional price. She was very pushy. Although I said that I need a day to think about it, she is like "I know that treatment is what you want. We just need your credit card now".She was so talkative that when she took the contract to make a copy and never gave it to me back, I noticed it when I got home only. Another fact is that she advertised it as a Laser treatment; however, when I checked the name of equipment they use I found out that it's not Laser, but IPL which is Photo-treatment.

swalsh411

When did you sign the contract? Where was it signed? On what grounds do you feel you should have the right to cancel a contract you signed? (buyers remorse or something else) Have you received any of the treatments? And finally did you pay with a credit card?

It sounds as though did not read everything you were agreeing to.

Hot Topic

I think this is a case of buyer's remorse, and you're making up a bunch of things because you realized you didn't want (or couldn't afford) to pay $4K.

If the woman concealed part of the contract with her hand, why didn't you ask to read the entire contract before you signed or at least asked her to move her hand? Was she holding a gun on you with her other hand and forcing you to sign?

How could she take the contract to make a copy and you not notice that she hadn't given it back to you?

GinaCh

Thanks for your response.

As I've mentioned above, I signed the contract in New York, and reason I want to cancel the contract because I found out that the Company uses different from what they advertise machines.
I haven't had a treatment, but I checked the model's name online. They say that it's a laser technology while it's an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) which is Photo-Technology, and they have less effect. Of course, I don't want to pay $4K for smth that doesn't worth it.
Sometimes when seller talk a lot and don't give you a time to check the information and to do little research about the product, pushing you to buy smth "right now for a promotional low price", and describing this "smth" like what you wanted, even though it's not and only look alike, so you do purchase that you regret about later.
I'm glad you never experiences it before, but not all people so ideal as you are. Some people do mistakes...

If you have nothing useful to say, or can't give advice how to cancel the package, please, feel free to do not express hate acts, accusing me in making up things, and just ignore the topic.

Sincerely,

justalayman

. They say that it's a laser technology while it's an IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) which is Photo-Technology, and they have less effect.
what does the contract say to the issue? Did it state it was a laser treatment or an IPL treatment or neither?

GinaCh

Hello,
Contract has neither name of the treatment, nor the model of machine that they will use for that. Contract has a logo with compamy's name on the top, and there is a line on the bottom that says that they garantee the effect for 3 years and that payments is nonrefundable, and in the middle is just blank space where she wrote down the body area for the treatment.
If I would take a package and won't be satisfied with result can I refer to the 3 years garantee that written in it? I'm not sure wether this paper has any legal power.
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,
Contract has neither name of the treatment, nor the model of machine that they will use for that. Contract has a logo with compamy's name on the top, and there is a line on the bottom that says that they garantee the effect for 3 years and that payments is nonrefundable, and in the middle is just blank space where she wrote down the body area for the treatment.
If I would take a package and won't be satisfied with result can I refer to the 3 years garantee that written in it? I'm not sure wether this paper has any legal power.
Thanks
Sounds like a contract to me.

justalayman

since they are guaranteeing the results and not that they are using any specific method, sounds like the IPL or laser debate is meaningless.

GinaCh

I don't make $4,000 mistakes.:rolleyes:
At least I can afford it. And it's not me, who lives in small studio "over the garage on a busy street" with crazy neighbors above and strangers walking inside with a "big black dogs" without a lead. And I don't complain that my office never did anything for me on my Birthday. :p

Thanks everyone for response. I really appreciate your opinion.

P.S. I'm have to ask again those, who didn't get it from first time: If you have nothing useful to say, please, feel free to ignore the topic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">