• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

canceling a contract (want a full refund)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chriscammc

Can someone please reply to my question...I will be talking with the company tomorrow...and would like to have some confrimation of my thoughts on this. THANKS!

i live in ohio and in january 2001 i purchased a time-share condo from a company based in chicago, illinois. according to the contract the project is registered with the illinois office of banks and real estate as required by law.
the agreement to purchase was made via phone and mail. contracts were sent to my husband and i, which we in turn signed and sent back with certified check for payment in full. the contract has a clause that states "within 3 business days after receipt of this public offering statement or after the contract is executed, whichever is later. a purchaser may cancel any contract for the purchase of a time-share interval from a developer. cancellation of the contract shall be without penalty to either party. the procedure for cancellation is stated on the public offering statement receipt."
first, i did not receive a public offering statement receipt and all i have received so far is the carbon copies of the documents showing my and my husbands signature...no signatures of an authorized representative of the company.
to me this is not an executed contract...but the company is stating i have no leg to stand on simply because i have no signatures from them or a certificate of ownership.

Is this true??

[Edited by chriscammc on 05-15-2001 at 06:07 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">