• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancellation Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aliasroks

What is the name of your state? Texas

I called a massage therapist to make an appointment. Due to an emergency I was unable to make my appointment, and was unable to call to cancel in advance.

The therapist did not inform me of a "cancellation fee" policy when I made the appointment and there is no posted policy on his website.

I agreed to pay a fee since I did inconvenience him, but he wants to charge me $100, double what the session actually would have cost.

Legally, am I required to pay this fee since I was not informed in advance of a cancellation policy?

Thank you

chadro

your good to go. any service is REQUIRED to show you and "make" you read a contract, policy, terms/agreements before any sale is made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">