• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled Account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CuriousBear

What is the name of your state? Ca

I have an account at a store that has an offer to bring in 5 items get any item for in the store for $15. Well this same store has a deal going on for 20 older items for $5. So i went and i purchased 20 of the older items and decied i'd try and trade them in and they take them so I traded them in and got 5 new items. Well the next day my account is cancelled!!!

I don't see anything wrong with it if i had gotten less expensive things and traded in more valuable things they would not have said anything! But because i profited i'm scamming them! Also There are other store with simular deals were i could have gotten cheaper items as well but because i bought the items from there store they're cancelling my account.

I've heard story's like this in the past the pepsi one were the young guy wanted an air plane and he got caps from a lot of places and pepsi didnt want to give him his plan....etc

There is nothing in the trems or contract that say's that i can't do this! Is there any legally i can do?

JETX

CuriousBear said:
There is nothing in the trems or contract that say's that i can't do this! Is there any legally i can do?
Nope. Absent an agreement to the contrary, the store can simply refuse to deal with you.... and can ban you from their property if they want.

CuriousBear

Does anyone know if it's against the law for them to change the advirtisent and not tell anyone. apparently a lot of people were doing what I did and the store manager decided only one $15 gift per trade. but the store still has the old advirtisment out and doesn't tell anyone the sell has changed before they take the trade. my friend went and traded some items got her stuff to turn in and then a manager took over from the cashier and told her 1 trade a day oe something like that...my friend said to her well the advirtisment right her says i can get up to 40 a day. And the she said we changed it this morning. My friend requested her items back and they said all sales are final. What recoarse does she have the store obvously particaptes in the advirtisment or she wouldn't have been able to get the trade. Can they only abide by what they want?

Last edited:

teflon_jones

You found a loophole in an offer that you exploited, and the business closed the loophole and now you're upset? :rolleyes:

The store can change the offer if they want, and I'm betting that the offer even has a disclaimer stating this in small print at the bottom. Be happy that you were able to take advantage of them and move on.

CuriousBear

teflon_jones said:
You found a loophole in an offer that you exploited, and the business closed the loophole and now you're upset? :rolleyes:

The store can change the offer if they want, and I'm betting that the offer even has a disclaimer stating this in small print at the bottom. Be happy that you were able to take advantage of them and move on.
lol :D i checked it doesn't have anything at the bottom about changing the offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">