• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is cancelled check proof of payment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fedupintexas

I paid a bill and have the cancelled check. I sent a copy of the check - front and back - to the company as proof of payment. They say that the check is not proof. They must have my bank statement showing where the money was deducted from my account. Is this right?

crusheroz

The check is proof. Common sense should tell a person if it cleared your bank, then is was deducted from your bank account. Atleast that is how it works at my bank. I would ask to speak to a manager on this matter. Do not send them any of your statements.

racer72

Your bank should give you a short copy of your statement for purposes such as this. It will not include information such as account numbers or personal info. The bank may charge a small fee for the service though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">