• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled Vacation Package

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghost1

What is the name of your state? Arizona

i purchased 2 vacation packages from a company marketing motivational seminars. one of the contracts stated the specific date and location of the seminar. the other contract stated the specific location, but the date was implied. both trips were cancelled and rescheduled from 6-10 months after the original date and to different locations. the contract I signed does not specifically state that the company can change times and locations without notice, but the company later revised its contract forms to include this clause. I asked for a refund for both trips since the dates and locations were changed, but the company said they had the right to change dates and times even though it was not in my contract. Does the company have any defense against giving me a refund since they rescheduled the trips and have given me tickets to the newly scheduled date and location even though I don't want to go now. Also, if I am entitled to a refund, is there a specific UCC code I could quote to them.

C

CaliCat

Any change to a contract must be in writing and signed by both parties. You never agreed to their new contract. Take them to small claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">