• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelling a contract and $$$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amyvolk

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? TX
I signed an agreement/contract yesterday for a Real Estate Mentoring program at the cost of $6755.00. I paid by credit card. It was done both verbally and via e-sign and it has a three business day cancellation clause. Within 2 hours of the agreement I decided to cancel. The offices were then closed for the day. I faxed my cancellation notice to two of their fax numbers and left voice messages for 3 different people. The clause states that I must fax a letter or deliver to their office my intent to cancel and I feel I have done that. It does not specifically state that monies will be refunded but does say that the agreement can be cancelled within 3 business day. Can I expect that my money will be refunded? What are my legal rights with this case?

shortbus

Your legal rights depend on what it says in your contract about refunds. This is a good time to read it!

As for notice, I suggest you send an overnight fedex with your letter of cancellation, or better still bring it to the office personally (if you're local)

You don't want them to say "what fax?" If the cancellation clause stipulates fax or mail, your voicemail messages have no effect.

If there's a problem, you want a paper trail. Make one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">