• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelling personal trainer contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmaraNu'bia

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I had given a payment for one month in advance over the phone to a personal trainer company to start a 4 month program. I never signed a contract that I was suppose to because the owner and his manager were always with a client or not available for me to sign after the first month payment was taken. In the first week, the trainer assigned to me did meet with me once for our twice a week session. Because her laptop had been stolen she didn't make a meal plan up for me as promised. She never made a cardio workout for the days we were not working together as promised. She cancelled our second session twice with a casual "I will just add a free session to make up what you missed." Everything that was promised on their website and with meeting with them once was never done. I contacted the owner the same day the trainer cancelled a second time and told him since I never signed a contract and due to the trainer assigned to me never followed thru I wanted to have three weeks payment returned to me and out of the non signed contract. The owner refused to give back three weeks but would let me out of the contract. Then his company took another payment out of my bank account. When confronted about it, I was told that I never paid for a month in advance only two weeks. I have my credit card company sending me the statement showing that I did make the payment he said was never done. Is there anything that I can do beside showing the jerk that he was paid in order to get my money back and still stay out of the contract for services never rendered?What is the name of your state?

tholt4

Assuming your bank account was electronically debited, you have 60 days from the date of posting to reverse the charge as unauthorized or cancelled. You will have to sign an affadavit at your bank to have this done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">