• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancelling at a wedding venue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dithomas

What is the name of your state? CA
I booked my wedding at a location in Feb. They verbally told me and my fiance that they only did two weddings a day, one in the AM and one in the PM. WE were getting married in the evening. They said we would be the only ones there. I signed the contract and booked my date, and gave them $1,100 as a deposit which states in bold on the contract is non refundable or transferrable. Well, I find out recently by calling one of their recommended photographers that there is another couple getting married there on the same day and time as our wedding. I though this was weird so I called. They confirmed that yes there was another wedding of 250 people (mine is 110 ppl) and they are in the room down the hall from us. Mind you the hall is not that big, there is one bathroom, and one bridal room for us to put our stuff and get ready. They said not to worry that there will be no conflicts. I don't want to get married there now because 1- I feel mislead, they told me one thing and did another 2- I don't want to share the space with another party. They act like the place is a huge manison, but the inside is not THAT big. I haven't cancelled yet or asked for my deposit back but do I have a chance of getting it back eventhough the contract says no refunds? Its a lot of money to throw away because they lied to me. There is another girl I know who is getting married there who also said they didn't tell he they book more than one wedding at a time. What should I do?

JETX

What did the wedding hall say when you wrote them a very polite letter restating what their verbal agreement was with you (as to exclusivity) and their changing of that agreement??

And what did they say when your letter advised them that their change to the agreement was not acceptable to you due to the limited amenities and space??

And what did they say when your letter advised them that their change to the agreement created a breach (in your opinion) and that you politely asking for them to comply with the agreement or you would seek legal remedies for their breach??

And of course, you sent this letter by certified RRR and gave them 7 days from receipt to respond, didn't you??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">