• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't Get Money Back from Karate School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SkitSkat

What is the name of your state? Texas

I signed myself and three children up for a 3 year term at a karate school. I paid in advance in order to save $1000.00. I also paid for my oldest daughter to take the instructor program to become a karate instructor. I paid a total of $6600.00 in all. After 4 months of instruction, his fiance became very jealous of my oldest daughter and told us we had to leave the school, and that they would refund the balance of our money, approx. &5500.00.
They never did. I offered to let them pay me back in 24 monthly payments, but they never did. Four months later, I asked if we could continue class since they couldn't afford to pay us back, and the fiance said no. If I sue them, what happens if they do not have the money to pay me back? Since I can't go to small claims court, what court would I go to?
Please Help Me!
SkitSkat

nailtech

In my opinion, you have a contract, show up anyway and if they want you out tell them to put it in writing or refund your money... if she's that jealous she will find the money...

if nothing else i'm bumping you back up to the top for a senior member to answer...

nailtech

bumping ya back up to the top...... for a senior member to answer... ;)

my answer to your email is...... I can not predict when a senior member will come on and answer your question,........ sorry...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">