• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Body Shop not completing work paid for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

insamoufonyx

Hi all,

im looking for some legal advise, im in the UK but hopefully you will still be able to help me.

In November 2011 my car restoration project was taken to a local body shop for a full prep and respray job.
Early January 2012 the main body was returned to me painted but still needed a full flat back and polish, at the time of getting the main body back we agreed that the panels (Bonnet, 2 Wings, 2 Doors, Tailgate and Rear Corner Pods) would be completed by the end of February 2012. This was a mutual agreement and both party's were happy.

Its now October 2012 and i still do have any of the panels back, i keep getting fob'ed off by the body shop and they now wont even answer my calls, texts or Facebook Messages.

Its got to the point now im concerned he may not even have my panels anymore (some of which are rare) and that he might have sold them or something? i need some advise, i either want them to be completed and returned to me before then end of November (at which point hes had them for 12 months) or i want the panels returning and a partial refund to cover the cost of them being done elsewhere.

Im concerned if i go to him and just tell him straight up he will do the work in a shoddy way and give them back or give them back and refuse to refund, or even worse that he has sold the panels.

I really don't know what to do and really need these parts back or the money recovered. hopefully i will make it down to his other place of work tommorrow to speak to him but ive done this a few months ago and it did no good.

Thanks,

Rob Kingston

Antigone*

Hi all,

im looking for some legal advise, im in the UK but hopefully you will still be able to help me.

In November 2011 my car restoration project was taken to a local body shop for a full prep and respray job.
Early January 2012 the main body was returned to me painted but still needed a full flat back and polish, at the time of getting the main body back we agreed that the panels (Bonnet, 2 Wings, 2 Doors, Tailgate and Rear Corner Pods) would be completed by the end of February 2012. This was a mutual agreement and both party's were happy.

Its now October 2012 and i still do have any of the panels back, i keep getting fob'ed off by the body shop and they now wont even answer my calls, texts or Facebook Messages.

Its got to the point now im concerned he may not even have my panels anymore (some of which are rare) and that he might have sold them or something? i need some advise, i either want them to be completed and returned to me before then end of November (at which point hes had them for 12 months) or i want the panels returning and a partial refund to cover the cost of them being done elsewhere.

Im concerned if i go to him and just tell him straight up he will do the work in a shoddy way and give them back or give them back and refuse to refund, or even worse that he has sold the panels.

I really don't know what to do and really need these parts back or the money recovered. hopefully i will make it down to his other place of work tommorrow to speak to him but ive done this a few months ago and it did no good.

Thanks,

Rob Kingston

Sorry Rob, but our laws and the laws from the land across the pond are very different.

Proserpina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">