• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car broke down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seriousmind

What is the name of your state? Ohio

The other day my car was taken in to get an oil change and winter checkup. When it came back it had a clean bill of health. I still have the check list the the mechanic gave saying that there is nothing wrong with the car. However the very same night the car stopped at an intersection with a dead battery. I know the battery was good b/c I had just bought it the day before. As it turns out the problem was with the altetanator. Now my question is what kind of restitution can I get since the mechanic gave my car a clean bill of health, when in fact there was something wrong with it all along? What can I do?

racer72

You have no claim. The alternator could have been working fine. They are known to go out at anytime. Even if they checked your charging system, you have no proof that it was faulty at that time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">