• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car broke down after only 40 miles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistih

What is the name of your state? TX
My husband and I live in Dallas and we bought a car from a delership in San Antonio on Tuesday. We drove the car about 40 miles when it cut off on the highway. We had to leave it at a truck stop & have been calling the dealership since that day. Is there any action we can take to either get our money back or have them fix the car?

JETX

mistih said:
Is there any action we can take to either get our money back or have them fix the car?
1) New or used??
2) Warranty or 'as is'??
3) What EXACTLY is the problem with the car??
4) What EXACTLY was the response by the dealer when you called them??

mistih

the car was used, as is, and we can't get anyone to answer at the specific dealership or either of the two affiliate dealerships

mistih

problem with the car

It just completely shut down while driving it. I was able to get to the side of the highway, and it restarted but shut down again 3-4 minutes later

C

CheeseBlotto

mistih said:
the car was used, as is, and we can't get anyone to answer at the specific dealership or either of the two affiliate dealerships
As is means as is.

JETX

mistih said:
the car was used, as is,
Okay.... so what EXACTLY did your mechanic say as its condition BEFORE you purchased it??

and we can't get anyone to answer at the specific dealership or either of the two affiliate dealerships
Their 'no answer' is an answer. That being... they have NO obligation to you after your purchase.
Contact a local mechanic, have the car towed there and see what it is going to cost you to repair YOUR vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">