• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Buyer's Remorse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

feelinfroggy

What is the name of your state? Texas

I just bought a brand new 2005 Nissan Titan 5 days ago. I went to the dealership just to look and I ended up leaving with one that day. At the time I thought I could afford the $630 dollar a month payment, but now Im so sure. I contacted the dealership and told them my situation and they pretty much told me that I was screwed and that Im stuck with it. But numerous people have told me there was a 14 day grace period to go back on a contract for a vehicle. I went to CitiFinancial today to get a loan and I told the lady I was talking to my situation and she also said the same thing. But the people at Nissan said there is no such thing, they said that once you drive it off the lot that it depreciates the value and it becomes a used truck. It already had 54 miles on it when I got in it, if thats the case I guess I bought a used truck for the price of a new one. Some people make me so mad. So I am at a loss and dont know what to do.
Someone PLEASE Help!!

Last edited:

djohnson

Once you signed the contract and got financing (as most contract are contingent on financing) it's yours. There is no change your mind later and give it back. It is a new vehicle as it had not been titled before. As you have done purchased the vehicle and titling has either been done or in the process of being done, it is no longer new. It's your car.

roadsport

I am a licensed auto dealer in California.
I don't know the DMV laws in Texas but in Ca. you would be able to bring the Titan back within a few days of purchase on a new car/truck. The dealership can unwind the deal and still sell it as new as long as you have only put a few miles on it. In Ca. you are not allowed to return a used car after you buy it. It is called the "no cooling off period" law. However, come this next year Ca. used car buyer will have a 3 day period to return there purchase. They will have to pay a $500. restocking fee if they do this.
You should call the DMV in Texas to get the straight answers on weather or not you can return your new car purchase within a few days. You probably can but may cost you some $ depending on how many miles you have put on it and how many days have passed. You may already be passed the deadline so call right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">