• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keithsweaty

I live in NY.
I I had faxed a dealer stating the exact car I was looking for and that I wanted the 0% financing instead of their $500 cash rebate. The dealer sent a fax back saying he could sell me the car for price would be $13,834 + rebate + taxes + DMV.
Problem 1...when I got to the dealer he never even had the car I requested...I ended up picking out a comprable one (different color).
Problem2 When we kept discussing the price it was always $13,834, and I stated 2 more times I wanted 0% financing. I agreed. He wrote up the paperwork saying he had to increase the price for tax purposes and then take it out at the end. He wrote in that this was a rebate. The finance guy looked it over and created a contract for the price of the car being $$14334 - %00 rebate, AND he approved the payments at 0%. I signed it and walked out a happy man.
Problem3 The next day I was called into the office because as they were looking over the papers they realized I owed them $500. I went in and they made it sound like I was an idiot and I HAD to sign a new contract or they would come take the car away.
I know this seems morally wrong, but is it legally wrong?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">