• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car contract says felony if taken out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterfly24red

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah

I bought a vehicle in Colorado in 5/2007 and moved to Utah 9/2008. There was a document signed stating that they can charge me with a class 5 felony if the vehicle is taken out of state without their written consent. I gave them notice that I was moving and they have changed my address in their system. Therefore, I am receiving my payment slips with my Utah address on them. Does that count for their written consent?

I am going to have to return the vehicle as I am now only working part time from my job and can't afford the vehicle anymore. They are threatening the felony charges on me but I have documentation showing they are aware of the move out of state and have been fine with it until I am unable to make a payment.

I don't want to get into any criminal trouble!! What can I do??What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Mass_Shyster

I bought a vehicle in Colorado in 5/2007 and moved to Utah 9/2008. There was a document signed stating that they can charge me with a class 5 felony if the vehicle is taken out of state without their written consent.
If you bought a car, why can 'they' tell you what you can and cannot do with it?

Who is 'they'?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">