• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car damage for worker without license to do the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tgregoris

Hi,

I'm in Florida.

Last week on 7/26 a guy came to my house to do a paint and body work job in my car. I paid $500.00 for him to paint the trunk, bumpers and to fix a dent on the fender. After he finished the job he put wax on the paint and told me I needed to wait 24 to 48 hours to clean the car. At this point I couldn’t see what happened because of the was he put.

On Friday I washed the car and I saw what he did to the car. The car was totally damaged.

After that I found out on internet scam reports from other people he scammed in Atlanta and Texas (the real place where he lives) in the house roofing business and auto body paint work.

Still on Friday I tried to set him up with the cops using another phone number. I member of his family came to the place and the cops asked questions to him for about an hour and. After that he was released because his relative didn’t do anything. On Saturday I think he was scared of what I told he’s nephew and contacted me, but he continued to lie about things and manipulate me.

I’m just trying to see at least my money back to help me fix the damage he caused but he doesn’t want to do that.

I don’t know if the name he give to people is the right name but I told him I know the cops that asked questions to his nephew and I got all his information. I also told him I was filming him at the time he was doing the job at my garage trough a computer I have there and I was working on this computer during the whole time he was painting.

He doesn’t have a license to do this kind of work and I think he doesn’t have a company either.

This car is from a dealership business I have with 2 partners. It’s not a personal car.

I don’t know what I can do about it. But I think if he received just a call from a person with some legal experience trying to make a settlement or bring him to court he would believe that and
probably would send the money back. I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Thank you.

racer72

Sue the bad guy in small claims court. And quit trying to be so cheap next time, hire someone that is licensed.

tgregoris

what information I need to have to sue him? I don't even know if the name he gave me is real. I will never do it again for sure. Only licensed people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">