• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beth Pouncey

What is the name of your state? GA
I purchased a vehicle and had plans to purchase an additionl vehicle on the same lot. The salesman gave me an offer on the additional vehicle one day and the next day said he couldn't honor that price. We feel there are some ethical issues with this dealership and would prefer not to have purchased anything from them.

We gave the dealership a check for the first car on 8-22 (they promised to cash it only after we got a check from our credit union) and signed the paperwork on 8-23(we also took the car home). My question is that I would like to return the first car back to the dealership...isn't there something that says I have 3 days to rescind a contract?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Beth Pouncey said:
What is the name of your state? GA
I purchased a vehicle and had plans to purchase an additionl vehicle on the same lot. The salesman gave me an offer on the additional vehicle one day and the next day said he couldn't honor that price. We feel there are some ethical issues with this dealership and would prefer not to have purchased anything from them.

We gave the dealership a check for the first car on 8-22 (they promised to cash it only after we got a check from our credit union) and signed the paperwork on 8-23(we also took the car home). My question is that I would like to return the first car back to the dealership...isn't there something that says I have 3 days to rescind a contract?

My response:

Do you realize you used the words "dealership" and "ethical" in the same sentence? Talk about an oxymoron!

You don't have 3 days to return anything. You signed a contract. It's over. It's a "done deal".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">