• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Deal going south

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Primevci

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington/Oregon

I found a car i Liked was tired of driving a beater around.. kid and wife both had better cars then me. I found a Dealership with the exact car i wanted went down the next day 5/29/15 test drove it but there was a problem the Airbag light was on and i brought this up to them knowing this was a problem with this type of car and that it could be fixed easily but not cheaply, so they say yeah we will fix that if you buy it i was like great lets do the paperwork, so i do i give them my down payment and my trade in i get approved threw a lending company, dealer got there money from the lending company, everything is alright they ordered the part they thought was broke replace it dose not fix it orders another part they think it is replace it does not fix it finally talk to a dealer shop and found out it is a 1200 fix.. i get a call today from the dealership explain the car was on consignment that it was not there actual car,and the seller does not want to pay for the fix 100% and they want me to pay for $400 of it. I have in writing and signed that the problem with the airbag light would be resolved "the car was in no wreck and is clean its a known problem in these cars" i told him that this is screwed up my first payment is in 2 weeks and i don't even have the car yet, he says if you don't agree to pay for some of it that they will unwind the deal and the owner of the car will pay the full price and they will just sell the car to someone else. i guess my question is since it is all funded and approved from the lending company, and i have in writing that they where to fix the problem can they do this? Should i go in there tomorrow saying this is the deal you worked out its not my problem if you loose money? Can they really just take the car back. i mean its mine now they got the money for it something does not seem right about this..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">