• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealer doesn't want to honor our writting agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kyka

What is the name of your state?NY
My boyfriend and I were trying to buy a new car. We went to a Ford dealer last week. We saw a 2005 Mustang. The sticker said $22,850 and they are taking our current car (Nissan Altima 2001) as a trade in for $7K, we still own Americredit $9775 so that means that we needed to add $2,775 to the final amount that needed to be financed since the dealer is only giving us $7K for the Nissan. On the agreement, contract or little yellow paper it says the price of the new car is $26,200 that means the dealer is charging more than the MSRP or Invoice price, then the took the $7K for our trade in, then they added taxes, dealer's fee, inspection fee and the "Total cash Price delivered" says $20,863.50 and then $300 was deducted since that's our deposit to get the car. Well, they kept telling us that they couldnt approve us for that amount of money or any bank will give us the loan. So my boyfriend went on Lendingtree.com and applied for a car loan. He got 3 replies. He could get up to $28K approved. We called the car dealer today and they are saying that we need to get approved for $29K because we need to add the amount we own to Americredit for the Nissan, but they are already giving us $7K for that car. Basically, they want to add almost $9k to the amount written on the contract. We dont' understand how can a car dealer do this. They basically dont want to honor the agreement we have and instead of them making 5K on their Mustang, they want to make over $10k. We know that a lot of people want the new Mustang, but can the dealer get out of this agreement that the "buyer" and "seller' signed last week? Can we sue them? What can we do? Please help!! Thank u!!

panzertanker

Kyka said:
We know that a lot of people want the new Mustang, but can the dealer get out of this agreement that the "buyer" and "seller' signed last week? Can we sue them? What can we do? Please help!! Thank u!!
tazerman, would you care to use your "legal expertise" to answer the OP's legal question instead of going off on a tangent?

panzertanker

tazerman said:
Since the dealer wants a new contract signed for more money i did panzy, walk away and go to another dealer..............your welcome! :D
No, you didn't.
1. "Can the dealer get out of the deal the buyer and seller signed last week?"

2. "Can we sue them?"

I see NO reference to those questions in your answer...

(Panzy??? Is that the best your feeble mind can come up with? Try spending more time with people and less time with cats. Your vocabulary skills might improve....)

panzertanker

tazerman said:
Dealer cant change the contract for thousands of more $ without permission from the other party. Since the dealer wont honor the original contract or sell them the car at the agreed upon price the contract is useless. The OP just wants a mustang and not to make car payments for an attorney.Some times common sense and reading the OPs post can tell you what they want. GUD MORNIN panzy and your welcome. :cool:
Thickheaded, aren't you tazerman?

OP doesn't need common sense. OP wants to know if she can sue, if car dealer is bound by the contract or not. Unless you know the answer, your post is USELESS; not unlike your pathetic attempts to bait me with your sophmoric abomination of my moniker...

Childish, tazerman, childish...
(check and make sure that I have not made any faux paus in my writing of the King's English, please...)

Kyka

I just wanted to say "thank you all" for the replies. We decided to go to a different Ford dealer in NJ and we got the car we wanted at a much cheaper price. We still got $6500 for our Nissan. The guys at this Ford dealer in NY were a bunch of thieves and we want nothing to do with them. Thx again!!

ramgrl

Your best bet...

... is to stay away from Ford altogether right now. Many dealerships are charging way above MSRP for the 2005 Ford Mustang (just as a hint.. the 2006 looks identical and they will have worked out any first model year bugs). It would be in your best interest to take whatever lender from lending tree you can and then you have control of the whole car buying game. If you have financing through a company not connected to any dealership then you have the upper hand in bargaining and also the ability to choose to walk out if a dealers price is too high. I understand the love for the Mustang ( I have a 2001 myself) but you may want to consider paying you current car down a little more before financing a new one. If you DO get a Mustang, and it starts shuddering when you hit the gas, its the harmonic balancer (took me $700 in mechanics trying to find that cheap part) and good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">