• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer jerked me around on cost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PoBoy

A Large Nashville Car dealership tried every trick they could muster, to jack up the price or discourage me from completing a purchase. I found a trade in Van on the lot that I was ready to purchase at $1200 the price quoted by the dealer. My salesman asked me to sign for $1300 and I did without too much complaint. When It finally came time to sign all the final papers the price suddenly shot up to over $1800 on this as is deal.
They tried to get my signature on a form that stated their may be a lein or lost title on this vehicle. I was originally told they held a clear Title when I asked.
I told them I was going to pay cash, but they tried to get me to sign papers to finance the vehicle through their dealership and several hundred dollars to the price.
They tried to add an extra $300 for paper work and filing fees on this simple purchase?
The person I was dealing with actually jumped out of his seat and managed to rip a piece off of the duplicate contract I was holding, the part that had his name on it.
I believe all this trouble started because I found the reason the Van was having transmission troubles and the dealership no longer wanted to sell at the originally agreed upon price.
They did their damndest to destroy and remove any evidence I held of the purchase ordeal they put me through.
Eighteen years ago this same company screwed up a paint job on my car when one of their mechanics ran into me with a customers car while on his lunch break. The paint was pealing off within two months, and I when I showed them they told me that my car was sent to another body shop other than theirs. The other body shop had just gone out of business.
I'd like to fight back this time. Do I have any grounds for a lawuit that won't cost me. I also plan to try the BBB
I tired of being ripped off and jerked around by people like this.
Appreciate any helpful responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">