• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer makes BooBoo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

traxxent

What is the name of your state? PA
Short story:
Purchased car yesterday for $21,000. Have all typical contractual paperwork(signed) when buying a new car. Dealer now says that they charged me for the wrong car and requests me to come in and resign new paperwork. HAHA

Can they do anything about THERE mistake when I have a contract that states:"The price for the motor vehicle specified above cannot be increased after the contract has been accepted by or on behalf of the dealer unless the increase is due to passage of a law or regulation of the US or The Commonwealth", and lists the car I own now(VIN # Correct make model etc.)???

Please respond via email. [email protected]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

traxxent said:
What is the name of your state? PA
Short story:
Purchased car yesterday for $21,000. Have all typical contractual paperwork(signed) when buying a new car. Dealer now says that they charged me for the wrong car and requests me to come in and resign new paperwork. HAHA

Can they do anything about THERE mistake when I have a contract that states:"The price for the motor vehicle specified above cannot be increased after the contract has been accepted by or on behalf of the dealer unless the increase is due to passage of a law or regulation of the US or The Commonwealth", and lists the car I own now(VIN # Correct make model etc.)???

Please respond via email. [email protected]

My response:

I know exactly how you feel. Once, I went in to a dealership to buy a used BMW, and they handed me the keys to a brand new Jaguar. I told them to "stick it". We're still in litigation after 4 years.

IAAL

T

traxxent

So should I assume they will try to sue me? Should I contact an attorney/bbb?

Is this the same thing:

I PURCHASED AN ENTERTAINMENT CENTER AT A LOCAL FURNITURE STORE. ALL SALES FINAL, NO EXCHANGES, NO REFUNDS. IT'S DUE TO BE DELIVERED IN TWO DAYS AND NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME THEY SOLD IT AT THE WRONG PRICE. IT WILL BE $500 MORE. DON'T THEY HAVE TO HONOR THE SALES INVOICE AT THE PRICE THEY SOLD IT TO ME?
The quick answer is "Yes". "All sales are final" are the store's written terms of sale. Did they accept your check, cash, or put through a credit card charge? If so, you have a completed written contract.

If they continue to pursue the issue, send a certified letter, explaining that you will sue them in small claims court, for the "benefit of the bargain", meaning that you want what the unit was worth, not what you paid. Also mention that you will claim general and punitive damages for fraud up to the limit of the small claims court. Then do exactly what you said you would do. They are totally out of line.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">