• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer Trying to Back out of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NRMaready

north carolina: i owned a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse gst that was paid for, i returned to the same dealer in which it was purchased and made a deal to trade the eclipse in on a 1994 ford thunderbird. the dealer was selling the thunderbird for $5900 and gave me $8000 for the eclipse, in return a contract was signed and the thunderbird was purchased and the dealer cut me a check for $2000, the remaining money owed to me from the contract. the dealer did not have the eclipse checked by a mechanic before the contract was signed and the next day the dealer calls me and says that i have to return the car and the $2000 and pick up the eclipse, or just return the $2000 and keep the thunderbird, because after the contract had been signed the dealer discovered that the eclipse had been in an accident and is now saying the eclipse is not worth $8000. i originally purchased and paid cash ($14000) for the eclipse just one year ago from this same dealer. can u please give me advice on what to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">