• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer won't give my vehicle back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

okiegrl

What is the name of your state? OK

i went to purchase a new vehicle and used my current vehicle as a trade in. two weeks later the finance guy called me and said i needed to come back by the dealership to sign some changes in the paperwork. they had raised the interest rate and the payments and demanded money down (not in the origional agreement) i told him to bring me my vehicle and that they could keep their car. 45 minutes later they told me they couldn't find the keys to my car and for me to take their car home and they would call me when they had a key made. after not hearing from them for a week i dropped by the dealership and asked again for them to give me my car. 30 minutes later a sales manager told me that my car had been vandalized and they had to order 2 windows for it. once again they told me to take their car until the repairs were done. this has gone on for almost a month and i want my car back! what can i do??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

okiegrl said:
What is the name of your state? OK

i went to purchase a new vehicle and used my current vehicle as a trade in. two weeks later the finance guy called me and said i needed to come back by the dealership to sign some changes in the paperwork. they had raised the interest rate and the payments and demanded money down (not in the origional agreement) i told him to bring me my vehicle and that they could keep their car. 45 minutes later they told me they couldn't find the keys to my car and for me to take their car home and they would call me when they had a key made. after not hearing from them for a week i dropped by the dealership and asked again for them to give me my car. 30 minutes later a sales manager told me that my car had been vandalized and they had to order 2 windows for it. once again they told me to take their car until the repairs were done. this has gone on for almost a month and i want my car back! what can i do??

My response:

Drive back to the dealership. Get the manager. Hold a sledgehammer up to their car. Say, "If you don't return my car right now, I'm counting to 10, and then I'm gonna start scrapping your car!"

That should get his attention.

IAAL

O

okiegrl

Got my car back

IAAL,

I appreciated your response and have spent a couple of hours laughing my butt off at some of your replies however I opted to call the dealer and tell them that if I didn't have my vehicle back in my possession in 2 hours then I would be contacting the Attorney General in OK as well as a lawyer. I got my vehicle back within the two hours and didn't have to pay mileage on their vehicle. I guess the words "Attorney General" were more than they could handle. Thanks again!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Congratulations! And, in honor of your success, here's your very own "Top 10" list!

Top Ten Signs Your Car Salesman is Actually the Devil - -

NUMBER 10: He helps customers in front of him and in back of him by spinning his head around.

NUMBER 9: His dealership has a big Hitler's Birthday sale.

NUMBER 8: Offers you 15% off if you sell him your soul.

NUMBER 7: Name of dealership: "Beilzabub's Chrysler / Plymouth and Donuts".

NUMBER 6: When you tell him you don't like a particular car, he spits pea soup at you.

NUMBER 5: He gazes into your eyes and next thing you know - - bang - - you own 30 sets of floormats!

NUMBER 4: When unhappy customer tells him to go to hell, he replies, "I can't go home till six."

NUMBER 3: Sign out front reads, "Visa card, Mastercard, and abandon hope all ye who enter here!"

NUMBER 2: No other car model has a heated seat, but yours.

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Sign Your Car Salesman is Actually the Devil - -

All odometers of the cars in his showroom read "666."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">