• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealer's Misrepresentation and Fraudulent Trade Practices

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GRivera

What is the name of your state? Colorado

On 02/28/05/9p.m. my wife got deliver of used 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5X (1854 miles/$24,036). When she arrived to the dealer office, they asked her for a driver license. She informed not to have such document, because she doesn't drive, and I was her chauffeur (We got previous cars in Arizona in that situation and no problem).

The dealer told that her Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and SS# would be necessary to prepare the documentation and my driver license and insurance card would be enougth to deliver the car. At the signing of the papers, the financial manager requested her to sign the $2,495 extra warranty, but she rejected it. But, he told her must sign because the lender required that.

On March 1, the dealer requested from my wife a second I.D. because the lender required it to approve the loan. She told them, she was unable to provide such ID and offered to give back the car, but the dealer did not accept it. On 03/02/1p.m. she asked in writing to cancel the contract, but the dealer did not accept that.

On Saturday, March 19 she received a letter from the dealer with deadline to give the second I.D. same day and if not they would repossess the car for breach of contract. But Saturday wasn't a business day. My wife got the Colorado I.D. on Monday, March 21, but the dealer did not accept it because already he ordered to repossess the car. On March 21, I faxed to the dealer my wife's issued Colorado I.D.

Also, the dealer told the car was in good condition from a returning leasing, but I have brought back it two times for fixings and it continues showing defects. We found at Carfax thst such car was used for business by Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Also, the dealer raised the car price agreed previously by $1,038 because they told was necessary to pay the trade-in (Camry99). They offered pay $7K to $8K for it, but the contract not revealed that. Dealer put on sale my trade-in on March 9. From February 28 to March 21, the dealer didn't payoff my trade-in’s lien-holder, yet. We claimed about with the dealer president but he responded with intimidation thru his Manager.

Please Supreme Forum advise me about what Colorado and/or federal laws can I invoke to defend my wife's rights from the dealer's misrepresentation and fraudulent trade practices, and cancel the sale contract. Grateful. Guillermo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">