• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devildog5811

i purchased a vehicle from a dealership about a month ago. When we went in we agreed on 2 options. Option 1 was I sold my trade in and paid 2000 up front and another 2000 in a month to lower my payment. Option 2 was to let them sell my car and then come in with 2000 in a month. We signed papers for the vehicle stating I gave them 3000. After 2 weeks they signed my loan to another lender and told them i gave them all the money already and told me to advise them the same. Can they come after me for the money or did they make a mistake having my sign the papers saying they have it already.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It's not even a clerical error. The dealership issued their own "loan" for the extra amount. OP is still obliged to repay the dealer that amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">