• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealership contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eodmedic

utah I bought a new car in Dec. The sales person asked what the pay off was on my existing car. I looked at my bank statement on line and told them 11,700. A couple of months later I started receiving letters from the dealership saying I owed an additional 337. to pay for title release. Can they do this? I have refused to pay it and today, I got a court summons

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
utah I bought a new car in Dec. The sales person asked what the pay off was on my existing car. I looked at my bank statement on line and told them 11,700. A couple of months later I started receiving letters from the dealership saying I owed an additional 337. to pay for title release. Can they do this? I have refused to pay it and today, I got a court summons
Yes, they can do it. The payoff on your statement would likely not be current. Furthermore, there are usually fees associated with the documentation at the end of the loan.
You should have paid the $337. It's going to cost you a lot more now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">