• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealership misleading?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bubblesrowe

What is the name of your state? Utah

In January my husband was in the market for a low-price economy car. We found one that he liked, but we stressed to the dealership we were only interested in a low price car because it would be our second car payment. We agreed on a payment of no more than two hundred dollars a month. The first contract we signed, the payment came out to 195.14. The financial man we met with told us that we would actually be financed by 2 lenders, and the payments would equal the 195, so we signed. I made sure I was very clear that they said the two payments would equal 195. A few weeks later we got statements from 2 of the lenders, and one was for 195, the other was for 59, completely exceeding our original agreement. I went to the dealership and spoke to both the owner and the finance manager, and they agreed to take care of it. Now, I'm getting calls from the finance company with the 59 dollar payment saying we're behind, when I was under the impression that everything was taken care of.

Is the car dealership responsible for making sure our agreed payment is kept? Can they hold us responsible for the second lender when it exceeded our payment limit and they told us they would take care of it?

V

Veronica01

Reread the contract you signed carefully. There should be some provisions that clarify your confusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">