• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car dealership repossessed car...the payments are NOT in default.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hottkiss69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
I make car payments directly to the dealership. That same dealership made repairs to my vehicle. I set up payment arrangements for the repairs. First payment due 1 July. I was unable to honor the payment arrangement, I also didn't keep up with the insurance. The dealer repossessed the car. My regular car payment is due 16 Jul. I called the dealer to let him know that I can make the regular payment and that I can have the insurance reinstated. He told me that I need to pay for the repairs and the tow fee by 20 Jul. If I don't, he will take the vehicle and sell it at the auction. What are my rights here? I don't argue that I owe the money. Can he keep my vehicle and sell it after he has accepted the on time regular payment? I start a new job 18 Jul. 2 weeks after that I can pay for everything in full. I've told the dealer this. He says that is too late, it will be sold by then.

Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">