• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cd1l

can't afford my car anymore.what can the loan company do to me. i will be retired in 2002,and i live in flordia. can they come after me for payment? did file bankrupt in 1995

JETX

Q1) "what can the loan company do to me."
A1) They can do everything from contacting you directly, or hiring a debt collector to contact you, to filing a lawsuit against you and getting a judgment. If a judgment, they can garnish your wages, sieze your assets, etc. as allowed by state law to enforce the judgment.

Q2) "can they come after me for payment?"
A2) Yes.

C

cd1l

I have just one more question, what if I tried to have them reduce the payments,do you think that they would go for this. Also the house is in my wife name only and she never signed any loan with this company, can they try to take the house from her? She only can get 20 hours work aweek at 6.00 hr. and I only make 7.92 hour at 40 a week. We have all the reg. bills + two car payments. When I bought this car I was making a lot more money, and living in a different state. I had to leave that state because of health, and move to a state where she owned this house/ Any help you could give us would be great. We don't want to give up our credit but can't think of any thing else. Help please
Thank you
Cdl

JETX

I would really like to answer your question about what someone I don't know will do to you for circumstances that only you know.... but my crystal ball is still in the shop!! They said it would be there for only a few days, but now they keep saying that they can't get it tuned up properly. Apparently keeps replaying the past, and not the future. I sure hope that they can fix it though, the Texas lotto is really getting on up there!!

And, if I can get my darn crystal ball back, and win the lotto, I might be able to help you with your problem. Until then though, I suggest you work more hours or get a second job. Otherwise bad old 'Mr. Creditman' might just come after you and come get the car and then add all kinds of fees to what you owe (towing, repo, auction, legal, etc.) and then come after you with a judgment. And that means that they can use all the legal processes (garnishment, levy, seizures, etc.) that the state allows.

C

cd1l

I HEARD THAT YOU WON THE LOTTERY. SO NOW WILL YOU PAY OFF MY DEBTS LIKE YOU SAID U WOULD. I WAS LOOKING IN YOUR BALL OF LUCK AND SEEN THAT YOU WON. SO PAY UP

JETX

Thank you. Please provide a valid source for your inside information about my Lotto 'good fortune'. And once I verify your source, and my winnings, I will be glad to pay off your car debt.

Oh, and it looks like your CaPS LoCK kEy GOT StucK iN YOur ExcITeMent to TELL mE Of mY GoOd LuCK!! yOU NeED tO GEt IT FixED!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">