• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mesa3131

What is the name of your state? Arizona
I purchased a vehicle from a private seller in July 2002. I was told by the seller repeated times that the car had never been in an accident so I payed full requested price for the vehicle. After getting an oil change I was told that the car had probably been in an accident. I looked it up on carfax and it had previously been in an accident. The seller of the car was the original owner and would have know about the accident. How long do I have to pursue a claim like this? What would be the best action to take?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mesa3131 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona
I purchased a vehicle from a private seller in July 2002. I was told by the seller repeated times that the car had never been in an accident so I payed full requested price for the vehicle. After getting an oil change I was told that the car had probably been in an accident. I looked it up on carfax and it had previously been in an accident. The seller of the car was the original owner and would have know about the accident. How long do I have to pursue a claim like this? What would be the best action to take?

My response:

You put the cart before the horse. You should have checked the car on CarFax, first. You should then have taken the car to a mechanic, first. Now, you're stuck. You've got nothing, except a car that was damaged prior to your purchase.

Prove to me that you had the conversation "that the vehicle had never been in an accident."

Caveat Emptor, baby! Caveat Emptor.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">