• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"car has no title"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MattyP

I just bought a 99' VW New Beetle from a guy in Somers, CT. I put this car on my insurance, and have a receipt from the dealer. Just after I handed the dealer a $15,000 Teller's check he says " oh ya, I dont have a title for this car" then he went on to say that it would be about 8 days. Well, its been almost 3 weeks now and after calling in multiple times to check on the progress I have still not been able to get the title. I know I dont have all the facts, I'm 16 and this is my first car, but still I would like to know what kind of legal action I could and should take against Jeff Foss (the car dealer). I would greatly appreciate any help so that I can stop driving mom's minivan ASAP. Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">