• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Was Involved in Major Accident

• Thread starter kilnmwitkindnes
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kilnmwitkindnes

What is the name of your state? VA

My son bought a car. Was never told it had been previously a 'leased car'. Was never told it had been in a 'major accident with another car' in another state (we used CARFAX, albeit, after the fact). The car had a list of 'amenities', several which were missing, i.e. air bags, horn, and a couple more items. He has taken the car back several times to have the mechanical problems and missing 'amenities' tended to and they fixed only one thing. He's missed a lot of work. They tried to scam him into paying for the rental that THEY rented FOR him while his car was being worked on once for over two weeks. I would not allow him to pay, I had papers showing where they were responsible for payment. Twice he took his car in by appointment and left it, they never 'got around to it' and fixed nothing. Is it not required by law in VA to reveal if a car has been in an accident? What is his recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">