• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lui04mx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I purchases a car last year on December. On February or around that time the wheel pop out on the right side. I took it to the garage where I bought the car and some parts where change and the wheel was put into place. A few months later the wheel started to make a noise I took it to get an oil change at a different dealer and they said they only had put oil on the part that was change to stop the noise. Now on the same side where the wheel had word done some noise started. My father took the car to a new mechanic in our hometown area and they said that there are parts need to be change because now the metal is touching with the metal and it will make the wheel come off. The repairs are going to be costly I assume the same amount as the first time I took it to the first mecanic close to $500, anything I could do??

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I purchases a car last year on December. On February or around that time the wheel pop out on the right side. I took it to the garage where I bought the car and some parts where change and the wheel was put into place. A few months later the wheel started to make a noise I took it to get an oil change at a different dealer and they said they only had put oil on the part that was change to stop the noise. Now on the same side where the wheel had word done some noise started. My father took the car to a new mechanic in our hometown area and they said that there are parts need to be change because now the metal is touching with the metal and it will make the wheel come off. The repairs are going to be costly I assume the same amount as the first time I took it to the first mecanic close to $500, anything I could do??
Pay for the repairs on your vehicle.:rolleyes:

BL

We have no Idea what these parts are .

If they are the same parts that were suppose to be replaced ,but just oiled , or what you're talking about .

they said they only had put oil on the part that was change to stop the noise.
Was the part changed ,or not ?

lui04mx

the mechanic who is working on my car says that it doesn't seem to look like any parts were change or any work really done to the car.

BL

the mechanic who is working on my car says that it doesn't seem to look like any parts were change or any work really done to the car.
Get the verified mechanic /repair shop to note it on their invoice and sue the first one(s) for the cost you paid them for bogus parts and labor .

You also may want to subpoena the mechanic to testify , but I've found invoices with notations suffice.

racer72

Just a WAG, but it sounds like the OP had a wheel bearing going out. Depending on the car, this can be a relatively cheap fix (about $50) for a rear wheel drive vehicle or expensive ($300 and up) for front or all wheel drive. The bearing was likely packed full of grease to stop the noise, and it did for a while.

OP, you don't state the year or make of your vehicle but bearing are considered wear items and do need replacement. These parts are generally not covered by warranties, especially on used vehicles. Welcome to the world of vehicle ownership and the costs associated with it.

lui04mx

I found your answer very usefull. The car is a honda accord 1994 and I did bought it used. The wheel that pop out was the front right wheel. The mechanic/dealer fix it for me and replaced a tiny piece and a bolt joint on the same side. The mechanic who my dad took the car now told him that there was not parts change or anything like that. Which is the thing I don't understand because when the first time the wheel came of it completely came apart the wheel/break/tired the whole piece and the car was on the side and break oil was leaking out. So there had to be a piece taken out and replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">