• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car lease problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hansol

What is the name of your state? Florida

I recently completed a 3yr car lease. The company sent a member of staff to complete a termination inspection. 7 scratches and a dent were recorded on sheet but guy said they were 'fair, wear & tear. Heard nothing more for 2 months then received an expensive paint repair bill from company for two scratches. Contacted them to dispute bill and asked them to accept scratches as 'Fair, wear and tear' (as I had already been led to believe). Heard no more for another couple of months, then a reduced bill arrived. Disputed again and asked for a third-party to inspect car as per their terms & conditions i.e. when there is a dispute as to the condition of the vehicle. Received reply to say this was impossible as car had already been repaired and sold on. Received a further reduced bill. Do I have to pay or has there been a clear breach of contract by the car lease company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">