• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Leasing Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

libby4me

Car Leasing Agreement. Is it binding if the dealer makes a mistake?

{North Carolina.}A week ago I leased a new car at Nissan Dealership in NC with an awesome deal. The dealership gave me a rebate of $750 because I was college graduate.At that time I did not have a copy of my degree, so the salesmans called two days later and I provided the info by phone and later faxed a copy to him. The next day I get a call from the dealership saying that I don't qualify for the rebate because I graduated 10 years ago and the college graduate rebate is for recent grads. The salemans only asked my highest level of education and since the application was verbal there was nothing to signed. I also spoke with two people in the finance department that knew I was a college graduate and no one question the date of graduation. Apparently, they were not familar with terms of the rebate. The dealership continues to call me to setup at time to redo the contract. I don't fell I should be punished because of they did not know terms of the rebate .My contract states that it was a rebate and has no mention of a college grad program. Do I have to redo the contract or is the contract we signed a week ago binding? What can I expected if I don't signed another contract?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">