• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pontiac2000

i am in california; i took out a loan for a car and i've made one payment.the bank sent me a letter saying"thankyou for sending your final payment" attached was a certificate of ownership or lien satisfied releasing interest in the vehicle.this was signed and a notary witnessed the signature. i guess my question is, if i do what they said to do and take this to motor vehicles,get the title am i going to be responsible for it in the future? or in some kind of trouble?what can they do since they sent the paper work? what are my rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

pontiac2000 said:
i am in california; i took out a loan for a car and i've made one payment.the bank sent me a letter saying"thankyou for sending your final payment" attached was a certificate of ownership or lien satisfied releasing interest in the vehicle.this was signed and a notary witnessed the signature. i guess my question is, if i do what they said to do and take this to motor vehicles,get the title am i going to be responsible for it in the future? or in some kind of trouble?what can they do since they sent the paper work? what are my rights?
My response:

The bank has no recourse. They signed the title, which is a negotiable instrument, like a stock certificate, or a signed check. They blew it.

Go register your car with your name on the title.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">