• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car loan contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

countrygirl40

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I went to a dealership looking for a used truck with a 15,000 limit of spending, found one for 14,000. Did the paperwork and waited for over a hour, the salesman came back and said I couldn't get financing for the used but they would make me a great deal for a new, something about the mileage, my credit, yada,yada. I agreed to buy the new truck. waited for another 2 hours, finally the salesman comes back and says everything is done lets sign the papers, so I did (at 9:30pm) drove the truck home that night (march 31) the next day went back to take the dealer plate back to him and get the 15 day paper license, was told at that time that the price of the plates could not be added into the sale of the truck and I would have to pay $140 when I pick up the plate. When I got home I looked over the papers again and do believe that the price WAS ALREADY on the sale papers for the license. Today, April 2, I was called by the salesman stating that the loan company NEEDED to have $4200.00 more down or a co-signer or they take the truck back. Talked to my dad and he said take the truck back, get the downpayment and get out of the deal. My question is, can I do this without losing my deposit? I have had the truck for 2 days, I want to stop payment on the check because I am afraid I will not get my money back. Please let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">