• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Loan contract cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thwhopperguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA -

Took delivery of vehicle Tuesday night with pending lender approval - however other half is NOT employed and wasn't when the contract was written although on the credit app we listed his "employer" as his job (he was laid off but still technically works there just hasn't since Jan). The lender came back with approval but requires documentation (check stubs) for both our incomes which we do not have the same day said ex employer notified him that he was making the lay-off permanent. Also the offer for the loan came back with different terms then we had agreed to when we signed the contract. It would raise the monthly pymt by $1.25/mo but we cannot give them documentation we do not have. Can we just return the vehicle under the change of terms even though he was not "employed" at the time or is this just a bigger mess then we really need? I need to get my trade-in back as well if they're getting the car back. Note thought that the dealer didn't know he wasn't working at the time of the contract

Last edited:

swalsh411

So you committed fraud and now want to know how to get out of it. I would tell the dealership only that you will not be able to provide the requested documentation. Do not admit to your crime. Then the lender can decide whether to give you the loan or not. And next time don't lie on a loan application, and only buy vehicles you can afford.

edit: You're really not in a position to demand anything. Your trade could be gone.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">