• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TimmysMom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I purchased a used car in November. Upon purchase we were told the car would need new tires to pass inspection and they'd be replaced at no cost to us. We were set up with an appointment to come in for the replacements. At the tire appointment, I realized they'd put the wrong size tires on. I questioned the mechanic and after stumbling over his words, told me they didnt have the right size. I demanded they fix the situation. I was told they'd order the new tires and call when they came in. After 3 weeks of constant calls to them, I still do not have the proper tires. In the mean time I get my new license plate from the dealership. When I go to pick it up, they have an inspection sticker on it already. How is it that they can place an inspection sticker on a car that couldnt have possibly passed with; a) bad tires at the time of purchase and b). pass inspection with the WRONG size tires on it? I'd appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction for help in this matter.

Thank you,
Mark

BL

Explain wrong size .

There are recommended , then there are those that fit .

If the thread and tires they did put on are otherwise passable , then they would pass inspection .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">