• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car purchase problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

craciundima

My mother bought a used car on August 25th. The dealership showed us the carfax, and guaranteed us that the car is in great shape and has no defects. The carfax stated that there were no accidents with the car.
After about a week the car started showing some problems, of course she took in to the Toyota ( car brand different from the dealership) to check the problems. The inspected the car and told us that the car has been in an accident. WE had to pay $600 for the fix. We returned to the dealership where we bought the car from and questioned them about the false info they presented us. They imidiatly printed us a new carfax and which state the there was a car accindent on june 25th,(prior we bought the car). They told us they didn't know themselfes. But on the day when we bought the car they told us it was inspected. The Toyota Service shop, showed my mother the very obvious things like paint differentce on the engine side that showed the car was in an accident. we also paid full cash on the spot .we still have the original carfax that they presented us the first day. Any sugestions ? please help.

JETX

we still have the original carfax that they presented us the first day. Any sugestions ?
Since you apparently have TWO different CarFax reports on the same vehicle, I suggest you contact CarFax and try to find out why. It is possible that the first one was falsified by the dealer (if so, get it from them in WRITING)... in which case you would have a VERY good claim to rescind the purchase. Argue that the ORIGINAL (clear) CarFax as a material 'fact' in your decision to purchase that vehicle.

Other than that, you really have little hope of the court reversing the contract since it would just be your word against the dealer as to what claims were made and by whom.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">